HomeAbout MeMission StatementContact Me

Wednesday, April 11, 2012



In an artist's world,
a slab of clay starts out an ugly, soggy, dirty lump.


The clay is slung around, pounded on, and crushed...
manipulated, cut, and trimmed...
a shape takes place.

 it's then plunged into darkness 
and heated to an extreme temperature.
After cooling once, the clay finds relief,
but the suffering is not over.
Smothered in glaze, the wounded piece can take no more.
Stuffed back into the fire, the bisque piece swelters
through an additional trial.  
Finally, brought back into the light,
the clay is no longer an ugly, soggy, dirty lump...
but rather a beautiful treasure!


 There was Purpose in the Pain...

Sometimes we go through painful,
difficult times in our lives.  We don't quite know
where God is leading us.  Be confident that
He has a plan and purpose for you here on earth.
As the clay endured the painful journey,
it was transformed into an extraordinary work of beauty.
As you endure, Trust God to mold you
into the Treasure He sees in You.

 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carrie! I just came across your blog through Valentine Designs and I am now your newest follower. Welcome to blogland! What INCREDIBLE pieces you create, and to be a single mom who has followed her passion and created a name for herself is truly inspiring.
    I love this post in particular because it reminds me of the last one I posted. I also related my love for transforming something old to new to my walk with the Lord. If you get a second (I know it's tough with your schedule) please come by for a visit and see what I'm talking about.

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete