HomeAbout MeMission StatementContact Me

Friday, April 20, 2012

Juggling Life as a Single Mom/Designer/Artist




So, how are you coping?  
Tired...Weary.....Stressed?! 
 I can relate to all of  that!
  You are not alone!
There is HOPE


But first, a "bleep" from my lil' world...
Can you relate to this day on the Ranch...(well, I want to pretend it's a Ranch:))
Some days start at 4:15 a.m. for my daughter's drill team practice...
Youngest up at 6:30.....out the door by 7:45.
Social media "kicks in"...and IF and WHEN the addiction stops,
I'm out the door in the garage/studio or on my way to appointments by 9:00.
Kids get out of school by 2:30.
Listen to every precious detail of my daughter's Day of Drama:),
and try my hardest to pry just something significant out of my son's mouth
(they say that their brain is "still growing"...whew I can vouch for that!) tee hee!


And.....on your mark, get set, GO....
outside dance, baseball, track, church, fundraisers,
grocery shopping, meetings, etc. etc.
Somewhere in between....if I'm home, I'll cook;
 if not, we pick up whatever is on the way.
If we're "done" early enough, 
then back to work while kids do homework.
And....let's see...
lights are out somewhere between 10:00 and 12:00
Oh, and there is no such thing as "routine"
Ya following me, right?!!  You're whipped!
The End. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a mom and it's my numero uno priority:)
but, since I'm a single mom,
I gotta fit in "bringing home the bacon."
So, what did I do??
Please listen very carefully.....
I focused on what I absolutely LOVE to do....
Design and Create!!
It IS exactly how God designed ME:)
"Thank you, God!"
That's your HOPE, sista!

If you are NOT doing something that you LOVE to do, 
outside of being a Super Mom,
then CHANGE your direction...
You will be a much happier person...
You will have this sense of peace...
Unleash your God-given talent,
and GO FOR YOUR DREAMS!!
~No Procrastinating~
You have ONE Life...
Do It For Your Kids!
DO IT NOW!


From Someone who Cares
Your Friend,
Carrie

 

2 comments:

  1. This has made me feel so much better <3
    Im a single mom and I want to become an artist/ designer.
    Eveyone has said yeah siobhan your good but how will you make a living from it. I turn to them and say take your hate else where art is the only thing that makes sense to me and i love it and i love this post if given me so much confidence thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome! Yes, I had someone tell me, "So, you're going to work out of your house on your little craft business?" Well, that just spurred me on even more:) In 6 yrs. my "little craft business" has a clientelle of 60+ stores/churches/galleries from Austin to Florida, retail on the side, and signed with Carson Home Accents last year designing a inspirational line of crosses and plaques for their catalog showcased in all the major cities across the U.S. God is good! So, best words of advice...have a serious plan, work a full-time job + your art business until you can fully support you and your family thru "your passion," and "hang" with those who encourage you! (but, be kind to those who don't understand:)) Keep me posted on your journey! May God Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete